Premiere prep classes for the Specialized High School Admission Test to get into NYC best public high schools.
The only way into NYC most ELITE public schools is the Specialized High School Admissions Test
New York City’s Specialized High Schools are rated as some of the best public high schools in the nation. They offer a top notch education to NYC residents. Best of all, these schools are public schools and charge no tuition. The only way to gain admission to one of these schools is by taking the Specialized High School Admissions Test (SHSAT) that is administered to eighth and ninth graders every fall. Each year, over 30,000 students take this exam; however, only a small fraction of them are accepted to a Specialized High School.
Why Kuei Luck – SHSAT?
- Up-to-date content – based on NEW changes to SHSAT
- Record of success – 80% of our students get into Specialized High Schools, most into Bronx Science or Stuyvesant
- Top quality teachers – with years of test-prep teaching experience
- SHSAT is our primary focus; our teachers are well-experienced with classroom management with the age group and with the SHSAT
- Local, family-owned school – we provide personal attention to each student.
- Lessons based on how to approach each question; balance of learning the content and mastering the strategy
- Original curriculum with content closely based on released SHSAT material
Spring Content Primer
April 26th – June 21st, 2020
Get a leg up on your SHSAT studying beginning Saturdays in April. This course will cover all the content needed for SHSAT success, and can help students qualify for our Advanced SHSAT Course this summer.
- 21 hours of instruction on SHSAT-related math and verbal content
- 1 full-length practice/diagnostic test in June
- Designed to go along with summer program
Prep Course - MS 74
Spring & Fall 2020
May 12th – June 18th, 2020
Tuesdays & Thursdays 2:30pm-4:30pm
Taught VIA Zoom
This course is for current 7th grade (Class of 2021) MS74 students ONLY.
- Spring Session: 11 sessions (22 hours) of instruction + 2 full-length practice tests
- Fall Session: TBA
Spring Session Schedule | Further information TBD
July 1st – August 14th, 2020
Monday – Thursday 9am – 3pm
Friday 9am – 12:15pm
- hours of morning instruction + 56 hours of afternoon homework help
- Small-group afternoon workshops targeting students’ specific needs
- Detailed, personalized feedback on all homework practice materials
- 4 full-length practice tests, along with ongoing quizzes
Pre-SHSAT and TACHS Prep
Our Pre-SHSAT Course for rising 7th graders is available through Kuei Luck Enrichment Center Summer Camp. Contact us for more information.
TACHS Prep Optional Add-On — Study material for TACHS Exam (for admission to Catholic High Schools) in the afternoon — bonus option for SHSAT Students during Summer afternoon session —
Add-On Tuition: $300
Mock Test & Review
September 13th – October 18th, 2020
(***dates subject to change based on official 2020 SHSAT date TBA***)
Saturday and Sunday 9am-12pm
Essential to lock-in success that has been earned over the summer. Practice tests and reviews for the 6 weeks leading up to the SHSAT at the end of October 2019.
- 6 full-length practice tests
- 18 hours of in-class test review with expert instructor
- Custom-designed practice tests and personalized feedback
- Focus on test-taking skills and test-day stamina